Terms & Privacy
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL is committed to protecting your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information (as defined below):
By using this website or a mobile application (“Site”), including text message, providing Personal Information (as defined below) to EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL, or otherwise indicating your consent to receipt of marketing or other information from us, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your Personal Information as set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site or provide any Personal Information to EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL through our Site or otherwise.
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our information processing activities globally, those activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. To the extent any of the activities described herein are not permitted under the laws of your country, state, or province, you agree that the remaining portions of this Policy that are permissible shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL may collect “Personal Information” from you, meaning information that identifies you as an individual or from which you may be identified. For example, we may collect:
• contact information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
• credit card number or other payment account number, billing address, and other payment and billing information (“Payment Information”);
• records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us;
• information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation);
• guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, and goods and services purchased.
We may collect Personal Information from a variety of sources including:
• through the Site;
• through reservation and call centers;
• through social media and brand channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter);
We may also combine Personal Information we collect with publicly available Personal Information and Personal Information we receive from others or cross-reference with others. The collection and use of Personal Information, whether separately or combined, is done in accordance with and for the purposes described in this Policy.
If you voluntarily share “Sensitive Information” (e.g., Personal Information related to your health) with us, that information will only be used as necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g. health conditions that require specific accommodations). For example, if you voluntarily convey a health-related need to us, we may store and use that information in order to provide a room with appropriate amenities. We do not collect or store Sensitive Information unless it is voluntarily provided by you. By providing such Sensitive Information, you expressly consent to our collection, processing and storage of that information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL collects Personal Information about guests, visitors to the Site, and others, so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to the needs of such individuals. EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL may collect, use, and disclose Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
• Fulfillment of Reservation or Information Requests. To fulfill your requests such as completing a credit card transaction or booking a reservation or responding to your requests that we send marketing, informational or other newsletters to you (and to personalize such newsletters and the Site to your preferences).
• Administrative and Other Communications. To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or other administrative information (e.g., information about your travel reservations, such as reservation confirmations and pre-arrival communications). We may also use your Personal Information to determine whether you are eligible for and/or inform you, if you have provided your consent, to send marketing communications or tell you about products, programs, enhancements, events, special offers, and services of EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL that might be of interest to you.
• Customer Care. To track, process, and respond to customer care inquiries and to enhance and improve the customer’s experience. We may also transmit your Personal Information to third party service providers, Affiliates, and Licensed Hotels to allow those third parties to track, process, and respond to customer care inquiries.
• Internal Business Purposes. For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and visiting patterns, determining the effectiveness of our Promotions, and meeting contractual obligations
• Our Legal Duties. To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or demands in accordance with applicable law, a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
• E-mails to Friends. To permit you to forward information about our products, services, and Licensed Hotels to another individual, such as a friend or co-worker. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide to us, and we may use, the applicable individual’s name and e-mail address to facilitate your sending of such messages to such individual (and any Personal Information ‒ such as your name and your email address ‒ provided in connection with sending such information, will be disclosed to such individual). By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and to provide to us the recipient’s name and e-mail address for this purpose. We will not seek to use the recipient’s Personal Information for any purpose other than to allow the e-mail to be sent, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time that you provide such Personal Information to us or unless we have separately collected such Personal Information through other means.
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL may also collect “Non-Personal Information,” meaning aggregated and/or anonymized information, demographic information, and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and share such information with third parties for any purpose, including without limitation to facilitate and improve your ongoing access to and use of our Site, to best tailor our services to suit personal interests, to analyze visiting patterns, enhance and improve customer service, and for our other business purposes. As you navigate the Site, we and our service providers may collect certain Non-Personal Information such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version using automatic data collection technologies.
In addition, we may engage third party tracking and advertising providers to act on EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL’s behalf to track and analyze your usage of our Site through the use of such automatic data collection technologies. These third parties collect and share with us, as we may request, Site usage information about visits to our Site, measure and research the effectiveness of our advertisements, track page usage and paths followed during visits through our Site, help us target and track use of our Internet banner advertisements on our Site and on other sites, and track use of other links from our marketing partners’ sites to our Site. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Your IP address is a number that your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns to the computer that you are using to access the Site. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the Site, along with the time of each visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, validation of a legitimate user session via Google® captcha and administering the Site. Please note that we treat IP addresses, server log files, and related information as Non-Personal Information, except when we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
DO NOT TRACK
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow websites to collect information over time about your online activities across different websites or online services. At this time, the Site does not respond to such “Do Not Track” or similar preferences you may have configured in your web browser, and the Site may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy. However, as stated in the “Non-Personal Information” section above, we do allow you to exercise some choice in the information collected by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings.
Because the security of your Personal Information is important to us, we have implemented security measures that provide reasonable precautions against the unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. Please do not send us your Payment Information or Sensitive Information through e-mail or any undesignated area (e.g., submission of your credit card number in a “comment” field). If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the alleged problem by contacting our Customer Care Department as set forth below in this Policy. Please note that, if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the alleged problem.
DATA RETENTION AND MINIMIZATION
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL only collects Personal Information that it believes is necessary to perform the services that you seek from EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL and to exercise its rights and comply with its obligations as otherwise outlined in this Policy. We will keep your Personal Information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collect it or as otherwise permitted by law.
NOTE REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to minors (as defined by applicable law), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a minor under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor under the age of 13, please contact our Customer Care Department as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section of this Policy.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
EN’KANTO VINEYARD & HOTEL reserves the right to change, modify, or amend this Policy at any time. The date this Policy was last revised is at the top of this page. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will indicate on the Site that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new policy. If we make material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address specified in your account (if applicable) and/or through a notice on the Site’s home page, and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of such new or different use. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.